National Spaghetti Day 2023
National spaghetti day is observed on the 4th Jan, each year in the USA and many countries worldwide. The day is generally celebrated by having a meal of spaghetti with tomato sauce, and parmesan cheese. Therefore if you like this dish, do enjoy the day with your friends, family, or alone by having a full bowl of spaghetti.
What is Spaghetti –
Spaghetti is a long, thin pasta. It is generally made of milled wheat and water. In Italy, spaghetti is made from durum wheat semolina. It’s a very popular dish in Italy and worldwide.
“Spaghetto”, a plural form of spaghetti, is derived from the Italian word ” Spago” which means ” thin, twine”.
History of Spaghetti –
The first written record of pasta was discovered in the Talmud, the central text of Rabbinic Judaism, in the 5th century AD. Others say Arabs introduced pasta to Europe during the conquest of Sicily. But it became a popular and favorite dish in Italy after the establishment of spaghetti factories in the 19th century.
Heartwarming facts on Spaghetti –
- In 1957, the BBC published a broadcast named ” the spaghetti- tree hoax” showing a family in southern Switzerland harvesting spaghetti from the family ” spaghetti tree”.
- The ballad ” on top of Spaghetti” was first released in 1962. It’s a great ballad showing a meatball in spaghetti falling from a plate and the chef searching for it.
- Italians eat spaghetti with forks only whereas Americans use spoons.
- Worldwide 600 pasta shapes are available.
- Though spaghetti is usually served with meatballs & parmesan cheese. But there are several recipes like – Spaghetti Aglio e olio, SpaghettiAllaputtanesca Etc.
Spaghetti made from whole grain gives you more iron and vitamin B. Spaghetti with vegetables is very nutritious, containing Carbohydrates, fiber, and potassium. So enjoy the upcoming holiday with a full heart, and try some new recipes with your families and friends.